Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN on a 3900

Status
Not open for further replies.

goddajoe

Technical User
Apr 26, 2012
CA
Is it possible to find the TN of a 3900 series phone (we have 3904) from the phone set itself or is a trac required?

Thanks,

Joel

go to ld 20

req: prt
type: dn
dn = your dn

enter through the rest and it will give you the tn number

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Thanks John. I didn't explain myself well enough though. I have multiple appearance DNs and we're trying to find specific TNs amongst them.

I ended up doing an IDU of each TN and recording the serial number to help identify the sets. Hope that helps someone else some day.

The way I have done this in the past is make a call to your cell phone on the phone you are trying to identify. Then go into LD 80 and type in:

trac 0 xxxx

(xxxx being the DN of the multiple appearance.)

This should trace all the calls on all the phones with that DN, and the one on a call to your cell phone is the one you are looking for.

or just DISU each TN one at a time. Someone will call and say "my phone's dead..." - then you know exactly where it is! Ha!

30n30w

Lol that wouldn't go over so well in a hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back