Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TN 2602 AP Upgrade FW31

Status
Not open for further replies.

G3rtech

Technical User
Mar 7, 2003
US
Has anyone has issues with upgrading their TN2602AP to FW31?
When I status firmware download 1 I get abort reason code 6250. I did a display error and I got error type 258 aux 17. Aux info 17 was not in my documentation. This morning I was at FW 24, then I went to FW 25 and then to FW 30. Those went just fine but, FW31 just won't work. Can someone give me some advice? Thanks!

CM 3.1.1 (The MATRIX looks like FW31 is ok with CM 3.1.1)
Ethernet ports set to 100M FULL
Ping IP-Address OK on both
FTP and upload FW image to both OK

Gary L. Smith
Telephone Systems Engineer
The University of Mississippi
Telecommunications Department

G3rtech,
I believe that you have to load FW31 via sftp. This should allow you to download this new version.

What sftp client do you recommend? Is it easy to configure?

Gary L. Smith

I use IPSWITCH WS_FTP Pro for my upgrades. It is pretty straight forward to use and the company that builds this software has pretty good support.

Thanks for the information. It may be a week or so till I get the boards going. I'll update when the issue is resolved. Thanks again!

Gary L. Smith

Hi there-

Similar issue here...tried to upgrade FW on our 2602AP to FW31 last night. Process aborted with error code 6266. No mention of this error anywhere on Avaya's site, or in any PSN...

Using SmartFTP client to upload...not sure if the FTP client can be related??

I just did the firmware updates on a number of our TN 2602 boards to FW31 and I had the same thing happen. FTP was no problem and file was there on the board. What I found is that on the firmware download form, you have to use the same case as the file name, and once I did that, all was OK.

Cool I'll give that a shot. I'll update Monday morning.

Gary L. Smith

When I looked at every other firmware update that I had downloaded recently, they were all lower case, but for some reason, that was not the case with this one - TN2602AP-f31-sig.bin. The first couple of times, I entered it as tn2602ap-... and got the same errors you described. Good luck!

Good news..I got my MEDPROs updated to FW31 this morning. Standard FTP worked out ok. When I scheduled my firmware download I had to enter the file name as follows: TN2602AP-f31-sig.bin not tn2602ap-f31-sig.bin

Gary L. Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back