Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TMF 3.7 on Windows 2000 Prof: Can't login (oserv problem ?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvo

Technical User
Jun 2, 2001
BE
Hi,

I'm trying to install TMF 3.7 on my home machine (Windows 2000) for testing/debugging, but I'm having technical troubles : after installation of the TMF, I installed the Desktop for Windows. When I want to run it, I can't login: the error message suggests that I should check oserv is running and / or remote connections are enabled.

oserv is indeed running, but how do I check if remote connectons are enabled ?

I tried to run some w commands, such as wbkupdb and wchkdb, which return the error message:
@objcall/tcp service not found -- using default.

What am I missing here ?

The oservlog tells me when I try to login:

2001/06/02 15:59:27 -01: @rconnect failed: this oserv does not allow version 2 remote logins
2001/06/02 15:59:27 -01: @rconnect failed: this oserv does not allow remote logins

Thx,

Tom.

Hi,
Tivoli has still not realeased the framework edition for win2k. I don't think it'll work on win2k.
-oak

Hi,

I've got the TMR server running on a W2K server. What I did was install FrameWork 3.7B and then upgrade to 3.7.1.

I haven't had any problems so far (it's been running now for 2 months and we've got TEC and DM) running on W2K too.

Dennis.

Hai,

Fwk v3.7 running on W2K is ok (better: AIX or Solaris).
=> You should activate Kerberos (odadmin ...) RHase
System-Engineer

You said home machine.. yer not tryign to run TMF 3.7 on Windows 2000 PRO are you? Cause that won't work.

Dave

Tivoli released 2 patches, 3.7.1-TMF-0005 & 0008 that resolve some of the issues with Win2K and oserv issues. Check the prereques for 3.7 or 3.7B installs. As always, be careful to backup the DB before installing any Tivoli patches.

Well, I'm running TMF 3.7.1 on my W2k PRO SP2 machine and it works fine!

Mislav

you may want to check the EPDB and make sure that your win2k box name matches the entry in the EPDB. You can check on your Spoke/TMR to see if it logged in (assuming it's a unix box by doing the following command: tail -f /tmp/allow* to see if it's even trying to log into the database. If you don't see it there, then you have a more serious problem. If you do see it there but it says that access has been denied, then you have not matched the server name in the epdb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back