Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tMemo 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwcane

Programmer
Aug 27, 2002
CA
Just reinstalled Delph6 (yes, 6). Opened an old project and received an error, "Class tMemo not found". Web search revealed this is a standard Delphi object. So I was surprised at this error. I added the bin and lib folders to my search path, to no avail. But I would assume that libraries installed with the product need not be included in the search path.

Would you please remind me of the way to fix this, and of any other configurations that I need to attend to.

I should confess to a 3+ year hiatus in my Delphi activity, but now need to get back to it.

TIA

The product libraries should automatically install and be on the path. My D2009 shows TMemo is in dclstd120.bpl so yours should be in dclstd6.bpl. You can try adding it directly view Component, Add Components.

Otherwise a re-install of D6 might be in order.

Thanks; reinstallation took care of the problem.

Perhaps related: after reinstalling D6, my project at least opened properly. Then, however, hen I try to edit one of the project's forms, the error message is "Error creating form: Ancestor to tBaseForm not found".

Any ideas here?

TIA

Sorry - you've done the re-install.

Actually - are you using Vista or later? If so you might not want to install under c:\program files to stop Vista from interferring with your setup/installation.

Installed under Win XP, but thanks for heads-up. Are there any similar issues with XP? Should I reinstall to another drive just to be safe?

Should have added that the "ancestor to tBaseForm not found" error occurs with an older project, created 3+ y. ago.

XP is fine.

See if you can find the declaration of TBaseForm. It is possible that the declaration of TBaseForm isn't with your main source code and is in a .pas file in a different directory. If that's the case then you'll want to add that folder to the library search paths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back