Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TM88III, fontA11 and web browser 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeMiller

Programmer
May 16, 2006
CA
Hi everybody,

I'm on Windows XP.

I would like to know if there is a way to print a web document with the TM88III printer from a web browser like Firefox and using the "fontA11" printer font (it's faster). I tried with Internet Explorer and Firefox by using CSS to specify the text font and with the <font> tag, but nothing worked. I guess it's because when the browser don't find the font on the OS, it use a default font. The "fontA11" font is a printer font so it's not installed in the OS.

I would like to know :

- If we can install this font on the Windows OS to make sure the browser use and send the good font to the printer.
- If we can force the printer to use a particular font, no matter the command it received.
- If we can pass command to the printer to print the text with a particular font.

Thanks for your help.

Hi DrakeMiller,

You should be able to install the font into Windows OS by copying the font into C:\Windows\Fonts\

From memory, the driver installation for the TMT88III should automatically do that for you.

As for the command to make the printer use a specific font, I have no idea - it is possible. At work I have the manual for the printer with all the possible commands listed and explained. i can only suggest that you talk to your Epson dealer about this, or ask for a copy of such a document for yourself.

I am in Australia, and I find that Epson POS support is VERY good. They like to help however they can!

sorry I am not much more helpful...

cheers

Victor.

Hi jsrvictor,

I don't know where to find the font. I got the .exe file to install the driver from the constructor website. I searched on the constructor website for the font and try to get some help, but there is no forum for it or appropriate FAQ.

The driver installation don't install the font either.

For the moment, I'm busy with another print settings problem. It will be solve soon with the help of another programmer. I'll come back later on this fonta11 problem. Busy period for me.

Thanks jsrvictor for your help.

With out the TTF for fonta11, you will have to find a way to send the print string directly to the printer, like a POS would do. As far as I know this is not done with typical HTML, you will likely have to resort to some script or build a java applet to handle it.

Hi guys,

I'm back on this printing problem. I was really busy but now it's fine.

I noticed that when I install the Printer driver, Microsoft Word got FontA11, FontA12, etc... in the text formatting menu. So I can use the FontA11 with Microsoft Word.

I look at Internet Explorer, Firefox, WordPad and NotePad, and these fonts are not there. Basically, if I could be able to tell to Firefox that these fonts exists on the system, it should work.

I'm looking in the FONTS folder in WINDOWS folder, but didn't find FontA11. I'm a little bit confuse about why Microsoft Word can use FontA11 and not the others programs on the Windows system.

Any ideas ?
Thanks for your help

Hi everybody,

I finally decided to ask a friend to create a Firefox extension for me. This extension let me print text directly to the printer with the font of my choice with Javascript. I think he wanted to put this extension public when it will be full tested and ready. I'll let you know.

Thanks to everybody who tried to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back