Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TM3 Client Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecarley

Technical User
Jan 4, 2006
US
Trying to install the TM3 client and receiving an error. The error occurs early in the client installation, during the ODBC driver installation phase. I get an error stating "Not a Valid Password". It is referring to the smp.mdb file on the Server. Has anyone else experienced this? Any ideas?

You'll want to make sure that the account used to install the software on the client machine also has admin rights on the server.

I checked that and it does have Admin rights on server, but still no luck. If I click cancel I then get "Failed to open MAT table". Any other ideas?

Sorry -- fresh out of ideas. It may be time to get a case open with Nortel.

Thanks to both of you for your help. I needed to give my user id full permission on the shared folder from the server. Even though I was in the Administrators group that didn't work for me, I had to add my actual user name under the Security tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back