Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TM Numbering Plan Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashort123

Technical User
Mar 23, 2006
US
We have TM on a cs100 and recently acquired a new block of 100 numbers. When I try to build a new phone it tells me that the number (3201, as the new block is 3200-3299) is not in my dialing plan. Does anyone know where I add this into my dialing plan on TM?

I have never used TM or OTM. I did just skim through the TM admin document and if you click the system you are adding the DID's, then go to file than properties and select numbering plan tab this may be a start.

Right click on system and go to properties. It is under customer 0

tn and otm do the same thing in a unique fashion... two things you need to check... ld 20 prt ludn and look at your vacant numbers.. or just go to 20 and prt dnb, cust 0, dn 32..

then you have two choices, either change all the 3200 numbers or use an idc table (ld 49 and 16) to change the dialed digits..

if i dial xxxx 3200, your idc can turn that into 5600, then i can use dn 5600... if you have a vacant 100 group, your carrier may be able to rls those numbers... it's best to find the vacant group of 100 numbers THEN call the provider..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Unlike the Switch itself OTM/TM need's the DN's you are going to use in your dialing plan so when you build phones it can select from the right Number range. I think tnphoneman has the right answer.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

I found where you folks directed me to, however the apply and add options are grayed out. I am in as an admin, but unable to do any changes... any ideas.

Close your station admin window then you should have access to add and apply options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back