Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TM 3.2 Web Interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyCub

MIS
May 12, 2004
US
Hi,

I have just installed Telephony Manager 3.2 on a Windows 2003 server. I executed the program and set up my switch. I downloaded the switch information and created an administrator's account. When I try to access the web interface ( I get the administrative logon page. I enter the account name and password. The system thinks for a minute then I get the default "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" ( I have tried everything known to man but I give up. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for the suggestion Sidetech. Unfortunately I have the same proglem. It's weird. I can enter a false account and password and I'll get "unable to authenticate user". But when I enter a valid account and password, I get a delay then "Internet Explorer cannot display the page" and some suggestions: This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

•Internet connectivity has been lost.
•The website is temporarily unavailable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
•There might be a typing error in the address.
•If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

I'm at a total loss.

On the server-> TM main navigator-> under your systems site properties have you turned on all the applications with the communication profile you created? Especially Web Maintenance?

Thanks for the replies.

sidetech: Yes, tomcat is running on the server.

Nodal: Yes, Web Maintenance is enabled. I actually enabeled everything when I set up the site.

i guess you have the right version of java, pop-ups enabled and the site as trusted. maybe you could see if firefox will work.

What SP do you have on the 2003 server, If memory serves me they only support up to SP1

Thanks dj4020. I checked and the server is running 2003 Server standard w/ SP2! I bet that is the problem. I'll try to remove the SP and see if that works.

Don't do that....SP 2 is supported.......page 18, TM 3.2 Product Bulletin

A couple of things you might try:

1) Ensure that you've set up the Local Security Settings in accordance with the Installation and Commissioning NTP (search for "local security settings" and you'll find the section that I'm referring to).

2) Make sure that the Data Execution Prevention setting on the servers is set up in accordance with the NTP.

3)In the NTP, there is a procedure 92 on page 326 (because of versioning, this may be approximate). At any rate, the title of the procedure is "Allowing TM 3.2 client access without constant server log-on". On the surface, this is for the TM windows client -- However, I once had an instance where I had to set this for the web client to log in. It was strange, but it fixed the problem.

Good luck.

Thanks for all of your useful suggestions. Unfortunately the web interface option is not going to happen on my server. I have literally run out of tricks to get this thing to work. I just want the station administration module and it looks like the web is the only way to access it. The TM 3.2 installation was almost identical to the old MAT utility. Is there a way to fore go the web interface for station administration and just use that option at the desktop?

Have you verified that IIS service is running? I don't know if this will make a difference or if this needs to be done on a new install, but have you run C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\synciwam.vbs in TM?

Fuzzy Cub -- a couple of messages back, you asked if there was another way of using the station admininistration (besides the web client). Sorry, that's been taken away, beginning with TM 3.0. The only way to perform station admin is via the overlays (manually), or via the web client interface.
Make sure that all of the appropriate IIS components are in place (WWW, FTP, Active Server Pages). If active server pages were not enabled when you installed TM, then that could cause what your're running into.

If you've reviewed everything and you're reasonably sure that you've covered all of your bases, you're best bet is to start from scratch and build the thing again from the ground up, making sure to address all of the to-do's in the NTP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back