Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TM 3.2 Syncing Station Admin Name with CND 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstew3

Vendor
Jan 27, 2004
US
I am having a problem getting all of my station's to be updated in the CND databse. I have seen several other posts about this, but no one has really answered the question.

When I run the CND sync, only the sets/names in Station Admin that have been "Assigned to Employee" in the directory options get synced. That makes sense, but... My problem is that I have over 10K sets, and only a fraction of these sets have that option set. I did not build any of these sets in TM. I just did a station retrieve from all sites, and TM chose which ones to link? Is there a Global update that I can do to link the rest. I can't go to each one an manually create a new employee record to link to.

Any help would be appreciated.

I am not an expert on TM, but my experience is as follow:
According to NTP:

"The Database Migration Utility does not migrate employee data in the Employee Directory. There are 2 possible ways to recreate the employee data in Telephony Manager 3.2:
1) Use the CND Sync Utility provided by Telephony Manager 3.2 to automatically add employee records in CND based on CPND name of the telephones.
2) Use the Subscriber Import feature provided by the CND Manager to add employee records using a CSV file."

So, you have to use option number 1, if you have new TM and you want to transfer CPND from PBX to CND. I use and it works, just remeber to check both option on CND sync utility:

1) Select Assign telephone to matching employee
to assign telephones to an employee if the CPND name of the prime DN of the telephone matches the employee’s CPND name or employee name.

2) Select Add employee to directory if no match found to
create a new employee in CND based on the CPND name
of the prime DN of the telephone. This option is useful for
automatically creating employee records for telephones which
are new to the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back