Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TM 3.2 sync from CND to Switch 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkaftan

MIS
Apr 8, 2005
US
Hi:

I asked this question the other day but nobody responded so I am putting it to the group again but more to the point.

Is there a way I can make changes in CND and push them to our Opt81?

For example, our display names are not in a standard format. Some are all caps and some are proper. I can change all 1300 names easily in excel and then sync CND to a .csv to get them right in CND. Is there a way to then push those changes to the switch?

To me it looks as if I can only sync from the switch.

Thanks

If it were me faced with this problem, I would record a macro/script from Procomm or some similar terminal emulation program. I've outed and rebuilt 1000+ names this way - it took an hour at most.

With some amount of experimentation, you can record the script, paste it into MSWord, convert it to a mail merge document, and insert the new names and save it as a text file, ready to paste back into the script. Here is one example:
~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

Also, I don't know what file holds what, but TM is Microsoft Access based I think. You might be able to find the table that holds the names and paste your new corrected names there, then synch with the PBX

~~~
[small] [©] GHTROUT.com [⇔] A Variety of Free Resources for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators [/small]

maybe you could add a heading called sync status to your csv and fill it with change or add heading userfield9 and put change in it. then you could search or advance search for the phones with "change" in the field.
Check them all and do a global update sycn status: old value transmit new value change.

Well the problem is I can only export and import to and from a .csv via CND. I can make changes in the csv and suck it back into CND but there is no way to import that data do CPND.

It seems that syncing only goes in the following direction:

Switch-->CPND-->CND-->Billing.

The other question I have is does the billing database need to know about TNs? When I sync CPND to CND no TNs are imported. So CND does not have any TNs in its records. Since the Billing database comes from syncing from CND the Billing database can no longer have TNs. Is that right? In OTM TNs were part of the billing database but maybe it is not needed.

i think on the CND utility for syncing was CND to CPDN.
not in so many words but, options to solve differences.

billing i thought worked off the employee editor and didn't need TN's. there is a custom field option in the billing setup - maybe you could use that if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back