Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TLS Cert set to expire 3/17 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

scudworth

Technical User
Oct 19, 2012
CA
IPO R11.0.4 showing alarm with TLS cert set to expire. I remember when this happened last time it could just be ignored and was "fixed" in later upgrades. Seems to have come back, this time it's this cert:

Issued By:
DST Root CA X3
Issued To:
Let's Encrypt Authority X3
Valid From:
2016-03-17 16:40:46
Valid Till:
2021-03-17 16:40:46

Can't find anything searching for this specific one, wondering if it can also be ignored or needs to be regenerated/replaced. What would be using this cert? Thanks!

It is not required I was looking at the same today although I cannot get the links to work in the Solution (download the cert, add it to the delete folder and reboot), as it is no longer used it will not cause you an issue. Let me know if the links work for you or you have another way of getting the cert.

I recently had this issue and with the help of another user, I got the direct download link for the Certificate and have attached the certificate to this post.

Once downloaded, take your SD card out of the IP Office and insert it into the computer. Reason I do it this way is I have trouble sometimes uploading to the SD card using Manager or Web Manager.

Drop the licence file into the following directory on the SD Card:
System/Primary/Certificates/TCS/Delete

Put the SD Card back in the IP Office.

Once the file is in that location, reboot the IP Office and the certificate should be removed.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=0b49f146-d410-455d-961b-3a08cb6f5273&file=Lets_Encryt_Cert.der
Thanks for the help bignose21 and tac84, looks like it can be ignored and customer is freaking out for no reason.

I have an SE and can do the servers easy enough remotely but can you do the same on the IP500v2 Expansions as I cant get to them.

in the IP500's you have to enable in the security settings the option of "Program Code"
found in the System - unsecured interfaces

I think :)

as it will then allow you to administer the system from Manager like a regular IP500

Joe
FHandw, ACSS (SME)

Remembering intrigrant 2019

Just curious if anyone else is having issue trying to upload the Let's cert to delete folder on and IP500 using Web manager?
I have no issue loading it on a Server but for some reason the only way I can load it on and IP500 is by removing the Sd card and copying it over that way. I have tried different browsers and played around with Java and security setting but can't get it to work. Any help is appreciated.

I have had that issue. I ended up loading the file via Manager Embedded File Management to the System/Primary Folder. Then login to Web Manager (I used Chrome), go to Applications, File Manager and go to the System/Primary folder select the file you uploaded a moment ago and select move and choose the folder you want to move it to. It is a strange process but works for me when I can not remove the SD Card to load the file.

ccctech That worked great. A bit clumsy but works. Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back