Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tllink AES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmyjoe1975

Technical User
Feb 19, 2008
NO
Hi all,

Can I create a new Tlink in AES.
I already hace one connected to the CM, but I need to create a new one. If I try to create a Tlink the system give me a message pointing that I can not add a Tlink with the same Switch Connections. So if I add a new field in the ip-service screen with the same AES name I can not create a new one with the same name.
So I with the only way to to it is adding a new Switch connection in the AES with a different name that the already exits and then create a new Tsapi Link pointing to the new switch connection.
Is that right? Is there a way to do it differently?
Thanks

Why would you need to? TSAPI will handle requests for up to 8 clients on the same device and use a single association with CM over a single switch connection with a pool of up to 7 CLAN (any more is overkill as 7 will generally handle more traffic than CM is supported for).

TLinks enable you to have multiple CM connected to an AES and have a single client be able to login and manage endpoints on multiple systems. If you use SDB to associate a device with a CM, then is is transparent to applications.

Further, the switch connection is shared with all AES services, although some services like H.323 Gatekeepers can be separate from CTI signaling for capacity purposes. So, TSAPI, CVLAN, DLG can all share a single switch connection provided it has enough CLAN to handle the traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back