Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TLL - Dynamically Updating ArgLayout Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

tivster04

IS-IT--Management
Jan 20, 2004
US
I am creating a tool that needs to be as dynamic as possible since options will change regularly. The scenario calls for the user to select one of, say, five options from an available ArgLayout (a set of RadioButtons, for instance). Is there a way to populate other ArgLayout options based on the user's selection? I need a way to present the user with a specific set of choices based on his/her first selection. I can create text files that hold the corresponding information, but how do I use this information to dynamically update what is presented to the user?

For example:
If the user selects option 1: A = apples, oranges, pears
If the user selects option 2: A = oranges, grapes, berries

Thanks in advance.

Hallo,

this is a recurring discussion topic on the tme10 mailing list also. It is not possible to change the ArgLayout once the dialog is posted. There are some tricks you can do with AEF (the old user admin 3.6 was very educational there!), but this is not one of them.

You *can* populate the ArgLayout from a script, i.e. you can use the Implementation keyword there. Beware: everything that happens there runs as nobody, so for Tivoli commands you might require some magic to do privileged operations (unset CHILD_OF_OSERV, add the nobody login somewhere).

Tschau...Thomas
--
"Do you wanna be a legend or a passing footprint on the sands of time?"

Senior Consultant, Tivoli Certified Enterprise Consultant + Instructor
santix AG, +49-89-321506-0, Fax -99 info@santix.de
Weihenstephaner Str. 4, D-85716 Unterschleissheim, GSM +49-171-4416678

Vielen Dank fuer Ihre Antwort. :)

Okay, then. Judging from your response, it looks as if I won't be able to do what I was hoping to. I think the application we are looking to develop will soon be web-based, but until then, a temporary solution must be designed.

Any thoughts for an automated account creation tool? A one click for Unix and Tivoli account creation?

Thanks,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back