Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TLB errors in monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPAlot

ISP
Sep 24, 2004
NZ
Some sites when starting the monitor app show various TLB errors, and evan show errors prior to when the IPO has been defaulted and upgraded. Whats up with that? And what do these errors mean?

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

Well? Answer me!!!

Soopa Doopa Intergalactic IP Office installation mechanic and configuration corruptor from way back.

Its caused by the 20ds. Try unplugging it and see if the error is still in monitor.

Usually just power cycling the 20ds will fix this.

There is a Tech-tip about the TLB errors.
I am to lazy to search for you, sorry.

Thanks Cor, will find it myself then.

That tech tip is how to clear the error log, days nothing about the causes of the alarms, this is what I am wanting to know, it is not just the 20 series jesterock, happens on all systems and all configuration of phones/version.

Most of what Monitor shows requires a lot of interpretation of either data packets or knowledge of ISDN protocols.

The alarm log is doubly cryptic as it relates to whatever the switch was doing before it reset, i.e. it will only mean something to someone in Avaya Tier IV or engineering.

The best that can be done in the field is to look at the time and dates to see if there's any pattern to the frequency of alarms.

trunk loop back error?

=P

SET CRTL ALT DEL = #728
-----------------------
greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back