Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tivoli Inventory Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brownboy

MIS
Jul 20, 2001
US
We're having problems doing inventories on Compaq boxes. We're using Framework 3.7.1, and Inventory 4.0. It seems so far through our testing that the serial number will only be provided on Compaq servers and workstations after a certain date. We can't get the serial number off of Deskpro 4000 266mhz, but were able to get it from Deskpro 350mhz. Also, we weren't able to get the serial number of off a Proliant 5500, but were able to on a DL360, a DL380, and a ML350. Please advise. Does anyone know this to be a known problem, that being inventory will only provide serial numbers after a certain date? We've tried everything. Tivoli is actually on site and can't get it to work. Has anyone been through this before?

Is the DMI layer installed on all the boxes ? I know Tivoli Inventory 4.0 uses the DMI layer information to capture that type of information in a scan, what I am not sure about is that it was available on all model PCs. I would be interested on what you find out.

Just to verify, he is correct ont he DMI layer requirement. However, we had many issues monitoring Compaq workstations and finnally just started using IDD from Peregrine. MUCH better!!

Hi,
you need the DMI-Layer for your Desktop-Type and OS from the Hardware-Manufacter (CPQ). On W2K and XP is allready WMI installed and will preferred used from Inv4
Regards RHase
System-Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back