Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tivoli Framework Certification Questions 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashishv

Technical User
Jul 18, 2000
US
Hi all...<br>i am doing tivoli for last 2 months and now i am preparing for certifications... could any of u guys can help me out by sending some help ful tips and questions which u must have got while doing certification..<br>Any help would be appreciated...<br><br>regards<br>Ashish Vashisht

hi all<br>i was trying some tests on end point loging and here's the thing which i faced problem with:<br>i had a TMR server on my system and an Endpoint gateway. i had loaded end point on one system and made it to logon to my gateway.<br>then i treid to make that end point to logon to some other gateway in some other TMR, this TMR is not in the same Domain as mine and i have tried &quot;wep migrate&quot; command also.<br><br>i could not find where the gateway name can be changed in the last.cfg or some other files in the lcfd directory...<br>&nbsp;could some bosy tell me how to make it logon to some other gateway. <p>Ashish Vashisht<br><a href=mailto:vashishtashish@yahoo.com>vashishtashish@yahoo.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br>

Well, the simplest way to achive this is to use the -g flag to set the default gateway, it's also recommended<br>to set the bcast flag to the value of 1, to keep the endpoint from broadcasting for a new gateway if it feels like it's isolated.<br><br>/Conny

It isn't possible to &quot;migrate&quot; an Endpoint from one TMR to another. What you will need to do is &quot;remove&quot; the Endpoint, and have it login as new to the other TMR.

The easiest way to achieve this is to stop the LCF (net stop lcfd for NT, lcfd.sh stop for UNIX), delete the LCF.DAT file, and edit LAST.CFG to add the following line

lcs.gateway_name = ipaddressofnewgateway+portofnewgateway

Once you start the LCF again, it should use the new gateway to login. I'm away from my resources right now, so the lcs.gateway_name may not be the exact syntax.

Hi all
am working on NMS for last 1 month.our conpany is in the phase of purchasing Tivoli.so i needed some help on that.i need some reference books from where i can understand the tivoli architecture how a NMS or tivoli works.what are the different terminology used and so on...and which books should i refer for Tivoli certification

shailendra
bshailu@usa.net

For certification the best you can do is to understand how the products really work and to use them.
When you purchase the software there are books on each of the CDs, User Guides and the like.
This is the basic how the product works.
Then you'll learn a lot from trying things out and breaking them in a lab environment.

If you buy any Tivoli consultancy then you'll learn a lot from seeing how those guys go about setting up your environment.

With Tivoli it is now a huge product range, so if you really want to understand a particular area then you will be better off looking in detail and using the products; if you're at a level where you need to be able to manage an implementation then you'll just be needing the concepts from User Guides etc.

Also, there is Tivoli training now available from various companies. This will still usually only get you going with the products, IMHO it won't cover all the bits that don't work, and the associated workarounds.

The Tivoli support site has got a lot better recently when you have issues.

Unfortunately, the scale of these products isn't the same as the Microsoft or Netware or Cisco, so the range of books is much more limited. And I haven't seen anything about &quot;how to pass certification&quot; - except for the sample test on Tivoli site.

And be warned, the exams will be updated for 3.7, and from the look of it the update will be a big one, meaning that it is even more important to understand how the product works, rather than how the book says it works.

Its a lot of waffle I'm afraid that is basically trying to say that there isn't an easy answer to this. You need to dig around different resources for each particular issue that you're after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back