Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tivoli desktop on Unix - which command? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

aixmurderer

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2000
NZ
How do I start the Tivoli Desktop GUI on Unix? At installation time it popped the GUI up, problem is after closing it I cannot find where it lives.
The documentation contains no reference to it at all.

IBM Certified Confused - MQSeries
IBM Certified Flabbergasted - AIX 5 pSeries System Administration
MS Certified Windblows Rebooter

do a ./etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh on the command line.
Then, tivoli &

That's should do.

aofan

Thanks guys, one step further. Now I'm getting this error when running /usr/local/Tivoli/bin/linux-ix86/bin/tivoli

error while loading shared libraries: libtds272b.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

A find gives me this, so I suspect it's a path issue?

find / -name libtds272b.so
/usr/local/Tivoli/lib/linux-ix86/libtds272b.so

All above on RedHat 8. Could the version be the issue? We run into similar issues with MQSeries on newer releases of RedHat.

Do the oserv running on your machin? Do you tried this as root? I noticed similar problem on mandrake 9.x in the first step of instalation of framework, wserver can't find the dynamic link to libraries insted they ware ther and he get the right path. I could not find the resolution so I just load redhat 7.3 and everything working ok.

Hi there,

Let me start off by saying my Linux knowledge is exceptionally limited (Speak only enough penguin to get slapped in bars) Anyway, I have been tasked with installing a tmr on a RH 3.0 machine (Started off with 2.1, but couldn't get it to recognize the video)

I had that same problem with the library files. I would launch the setup_env.sh file and everything would seem fine, however whenever I would run any of the commands (wep, tivoli, etc) I would get the same error as you do.

One of our technicians (who used to work at rh) suggested to add the following to the /root/.bashrc file:

if [ -f /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh ]; then
. /etc/Tivoli/setup_env.sh
fi

I don't know if this is the correct solution, but it works. I can launch any of the tivoli commands from any command prompt (or whatever it is called in linux). I can even launch tivoli from the run program command on the desktop.

Again, not sure if this is the correct or authorised method but it seems to work.

Now if I could only get the java consoles to open :(

kosekjm

Great stuff, got it running on the Linux boxes. Added it to the root .profile on AIX, had the same effect.

On the AIX box the 'tivoli' command fails with with the following:

FRWOG0014E destination dispatcher unavailable

Any idea what this is?

>On the AIX box the 'tivoli' command fails with with the >following:

>FRWOG0014E destination dispatcher unavailable

>Any idea what this is?

OK, the oserv.rc won't start from the inittab, errors with this:

/etc/Tivoli/oserv.rc start
!/usr/local/Tivoli/bin/aix4-r1/bin/oserv: odlist init failed. FRWOG0028E host inaccessible or host failure. (48)

The entry in the inetd.conf is as follows:
# Tivoli Management Framework daemon
objcall dgram udp wait root /etc/Tivoli/oserv.rc /etc/Tivoli/oserv.rc inetd

At telnet on port 94 give me a connection refused.

The port is defined in the /etc/services as follows:
# Tivoli Management Framework daemon
#
objcall 94/tcp # Tivoli daemon
objcall 94/udp # Tivoli daemon

What am I missing? Why wont the oserv start?

Hi,
is this the TMR-server? Or a managed node?
input:
go into the DBDIR and look into the oservlog.
I think you have nameserver problems or a firewall
problem.

Re,
for Linux:

Install the desktop via setup.exe under windows and
zip the dir, bring it to linux and run it via wine.

CU

There are several questions here. RedHat 8 is not a supported version for Framework. RedHat 7.2 and Enterprise versions 2.1 and 3.0 are the current RedHat supported versions.

"Destination unavailable" is usually a communication type problem. Either network, name resolution, or the TMR server is just not up.

Regards,
-Jim

hi friends
an MNC company in chennai seeking for Tivoli users minimum 4+ years exp.

please contact sramesh@consultant.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back