Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tivoli & ConnectIt -- how to add eif.jar file

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdina

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2003
A2
This seems like it should be a simple task, but I cannot figure out how to do it and so far noone from Peregrine has been able to tell me either.

How do I add the eif.jar to the ConnectIt CLASSPATH?

I had assumed I could add it to a directory and that would be sufficient. But it turns out the CLASSPATH consists of jar files, not directories, so it seems I have to add eif.jar itself to the CLASSPATH?

Also, I'd be interested in establishing some contacts with people who have set up a TEC->ServiceCenter scenario.

Thanks! Tanya tanya.ruttenberg@ssa.gov

There two ways to add 'eif.jar' to the Connect-It classpath:

1) The simpliest one is to copy the 'eif.jar' to the Connect-It lib directory ([Connect-iT installation directory]/lib) in the classpath editor.
All libraries found in this directory are automatically added to the classpath.

2) If you don't want to copy the library, but notify Connect-It where to find it, go to Java menu in the scenario builder and simply add the library full path (example: C:/MyLibraries/eif.jar).
Items in the classpath must be separated by a ';'.

Remark:
There is a small difference between the two ways to add a library to the Connect-It classpath. All the libraries added manually through the Java menu are taken into account BEFORE the ones found in the 'lib' directory. This can be important to know if you encounteer a conflict between two libraries. But in most of the cases, it doesn't have any importance.

An error slipped into my previous post that may be confusing...
Here is the correct answer:

1) The simpliest one is to copy the 'eif.jar' to the Connect-It lib directory ([Connect-iT installation directory]/lib).
All libraries found in this directory are automatically added to the classpath.

2) If you don't want to copy the library, but notify Connect-It where to find it, go to Java menu in the scenario builder and simply add the library full path (example: C:/MyLibraries/eif.jar) in the classpath editor.
Items in the classpath must be separated by a ';'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back