Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tips for successful Lunch & Learn Sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SharronVolgyesi

Instructor
Sep 17, 2004
CA
Hi -

I need to do a Lunch & Learn for our sales department that will be upgrading to Office 2003. It's the first such session I've done in more years then I care to remember.

I'm afraid I might be a bit rusty. Does anyone have any tips to make it go well? Thanks!

Hello SharronVolgyesi,
- I would suggest you to keep it as simple as possible.
- What type of visual aides will you have?
- Consult with the Sales Manager to see how their staff currently use Office and then highlight some of the new features of Office 2003 that will make their lives easier(?) ;-}
- If possible stay to one product per lunch and learn. So Word new features, Excel new features, PowerPoint new features, etc.
- Are you planning to have handouts?

Remember to smile and have fun.

Regards,
Michael

The Lunch and Learn sessions that I am asked to do involve having people see me demo while they have a handout (usually a chapter of the Element K book the company owns) to take notes on. If your croud is like mine you'll want to limit questions to the end so that people can leave is they wish. I usually get one or two people a month who need to chat.
Michael is dead on - try and have only one topic from one product per session.

For sure....Our brown bag lunch sessions run for only 30 minutes. After that, you've probably lost them! Limit length and topics.

**Quiquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back