Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tint not showing in Quark

Status
Not open for further replies.

pobajo

Technical User
Jan 30, 2004
US
Working on MAC dual G5 PPC
Quark 6.52

I cannot see on screen a 7% black tint, tho all my coworkers can on their montitors. Don't know if Quark or monitor problem. some can even see 2% tints. I need to see this in order to work! Our tech has tried other video cards to no avail. I have an apple 2-page flat screen monitor. Anyone have this problem and a solution?

Thanks

This may be really obvious, but have you tried adjusting the brightness/contrast on your monitor?

Do you have any profiling preferences set in your system or within Quark?

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

Yes, we did work with brightness/contrast long ago. Was hoping that would be the easy fix :)

I'm passing the profiling info on to our Mac tech. Will post back the results when he has time to check.

Thank you.

It could just be your monitor to be honest.

Screens have a drop off point where they just can't get down to a low enough level.

For instance I was just last night working on a website using a colour specced as #fefefe. On my Macbook it doesn't show up at all and going to #efefef made it look much darker than I knew it should be. On a new iMac it looks fine.

It's like a threshold level where things go from being 'off' to 'on'.

Monitor calibration might help you but at the end of the day it might just be a limitation of your monitor.

Have you tried different monitors on your machine?

--

Yes, we did try different monitors and alas same problem, so that is why we pretty much eliminated that the monitor was at fault.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks to all for your tips. Our Mac guy has tried them all. Yes, I have a flat screen. A co-worker has the same setup and we even tried applying all of her settings to profiles, calibration, etc. Nothing is working.

Marcus: Sorry I posted in both forums. I was desperate!

So, in conclusion, as it is definitely tied down to the mac being the problem, not the monitor, we will pass my mac on to a new employee that won't have a need for viewing tints, and I will get a new mac. Now, I guess I can't complain about that!

But, we had hoped to find the solution for any future occurances, information. It is so frustrating to have something happen and not be able to solve it.

Again thanks to all and consider the case closed.

Did you try switching cables?

--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back