Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Timing Issue using ADO and Connection.Execute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taslin

Programmer
Sep 3, 2002
GB
My application accesses a server database and downloads some tables to a client database. To do this I am looping round all the tables on the server I require and then running an INSERT INTO query using an ADO connection, on each table.

I am executing the query string on the ADO connection like this ...

Code:
myConnection.Execute strSQL

However when I goto access the information on the client database it isn't there and I have to wait for a few seconds for the tables to copy.

Is there anything I can do within the code that will only display my application one the information has downloaded. I can't check the record count of the client tables as there may be no information to download. I simply want the query to execute on the connection finish and then display my application.

maybe 'doEvents' ot even a small timer ?

Sorry. Missuded understood.

Use JRO (ref to: Microsoft Jet and Replication Object Library) and Refresh the Cache...

I have tried a DoEvents with no success (thankx cbsm) and I want to try and stay away from using recordsets as I am simply transferring table contents from one database to another (thankx cclint).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back