Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Timing for call on International Long Distance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcpaul

Programmer
Jul 22, 2004
US
Does anyonme have any idea why it takes a long time to get ring back on International dialling on option 11 with Software release 21

Chris

if your slowing it down in the 11, it's in load 90, usually you'll see spn that is entered to short, route the 01+plus the country code. not always the case but very common

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

you mean i have to increase the spn entered?

chris

What is the difference in time between running through the 11 and on an outside line? Is it a little or alot, so we'll know what we're working with.

its a lot of difference, maybe 7 seconds.

Chris

yes, out the spn and put them back in to include the country codes you need, the routing will start as soon as you have a match, instead of starting after the timers your waiting for now. i've seen the same thing with spn bars.. just routing 1 2 3 4 etc instead of adding npa/nxx's

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

ALSO IT CAN BE YOUR LD COMPANY, I HAD A CUSTOMER COMPLAIN THE SAME THING. THEY HAD MCI, IF YOU WENT MCI INTERNATIONAL IT WOULD TAKE 30 TO 40 SEC TO TERMINATE. IF YOU DID A PICK CODE SAY ATT OR SPRINT IT WAS NORMALLY 10 SEC

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

WAS GOING TO SAY TO THIS WAS BYPASSING NARS AND BARS, DIALING THE ACOD AND THEN THE NUMBER

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

ok i will try that guys
Thanks all

Bcpaul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back