Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TIMESTEP VPN Permit/Client Peer Not Responding error, HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

darren77uk

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2001
CA
Wonder if anyone can help me out a little. Any idea on why I am getting a problem with Peer Not Responding when trying to connect with TIMESTEP PERMIT/Client 3.0. Now the laptop works via dialup, but when trying to connect via ADSL, Linksys Router and a Alcatel Modem we have problems with the Peer Not Responding issue.

This configuration works fine on a ADSL modem back in Canada but here in Brasil it seems to halt, do you think it has an issue with the router and modem? Router has a Class C address and the Modem has a Class B address, I get a connection to the outside world one of the laptops which is not configured with any Timestep VPN, but obviously on the laptop with Timestep, it is locked down with a personal firewall, unless the connection is made via the VPN, then only do I have a connection to the outside world.

I look forward to any help anyone can give me.

Regards,
Darren

I have the same problem. However, sometimes this works for me, in your Local Area Connection Properties, ensure that the VPN Intermediate filter driver is selected. Enable the Permit client. Then reboot. Sometimes it doesn't work though.

Hello

I found a big issue , Timestep is not compatible with Rasppoe so router has to be used and not USB adsl modem

Analog line is working fine with Vpn

Still for me I am facing big problem . timestep sometime work , sometime not
So it is not reliable

I am looking forward to find local support in France

Does anybody have an idea ?

Virtual tunnelling is activ..

Thank-you in advance

Best regards

Olivier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search