Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Timeslot usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzumaki

Technical User
Aug 16, 2007
SG
Hi Guys,

Just want to ask about usage of timeslot per call. I have 2 scenarios:

1. Mobile phone calling a DID extension inside the PBX - How many timeslot being used? - (Trunk inside PBX is ISDN)

2. Extension to extension call - How many time slot being used if:

a. Analog to IP
b. Digital to IP
c. IP to IP (IP Shuffling disabled)

Should be 2 for every call except for IP to IP if using hairpinning. The only time it may be 1 is when a call is in a vector hearing an announcement. I believe on-hold music is also 1 timeslot shared by all callshearing it.

What problem are you having?

-CL

Hi lopes1211,

Thanks for the reply.

I need to perform load balancing on the PNs that i have takenover because there are alot of users sitting on 1 Network Region only. I think roughly 2500 users.

Regardless if it is ok, there are alot of issues arising the way it was configured. So I need to separate stations, trunks per PN so that timeslots allocated properly.

Call recording is a must on this system, so timeslot should be allocated.

Stations perform ramdom selection of controller once they are registered. So I'm not so sure which CLAN has too much load and that are not.

For H.248 Gateways, do they have the same timeslot with G650? Or depends on the capacity of the gateway?

H.248 gateways have half the timeslots of a G650.

Call Recording can be configured in a number of ways. If using Service Observation to add ports to calls, use the Service Observe No-Talk FAC, the others reserve a slot in case the supervisor needs to jump into a call. With No-Talk, no TS is used for the recording port, just a DSP.

With Single Step Conference, most vendors use the no visibility option which, like No-Talk does not use or reserve a talk path. It also masks the phone display from indicating the call is in a conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back