Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Times not adding up 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhill7000

Technical User
Sep 6, 2005
US
After browsing the forums I have found that the Logged in times do not always add up to the other times, ie DN talk time, Skillset time, etc. The problem I'm having is the opposite. Can someone please help me interperate what is going on.

This is an outbound call center.
DN talk time 2:30:45
Not Ready Time 1:09:07
Waiting Time 2:40:40
The rest of the times are 0:00:00
So that's a total of 6:20:32

Logged In Time 7:22:42

That is a discrepency of a little over an hour. It doesn't add up to Logged In Time. What's up?

Times will not add up; if you read the supervisor's guide and see how time gets pegged, you will see that there is double pegging going on. In the situation above, I don't an amount for skillset talk time. Perhaps that is what is missing?

Your right. Normally there would be a skillset talk time. However in this peticular department's case they have a skillset but it is only for reporting. They are an outbound sales group. They never receive any inbound calls on the skillset. We have another group that does that and then delegates leads out to the sales. They are exclusivly an out bound call center.

As stated earlier, I understand when the Logged in time is less than the other times combined, however, in my case the logged in time is more than an hour than all times combined. Every agent in the department has a discrepency like this. All accounted times do not add up to the Logged in time.

On outbound call centers, DN talk time starts when a connection is made to the caller. So if they call and they get a ring, no answer, it doesn't calculate that to DN talk time.

Oh so it just doesn't log the time any where. Wonderful that explains a great deal. Thank you.

One question: My Agent Performance reports do no show ring time. Shouldn't it be there or is that only for skillset ring time?

Symposium was not originally designed for any outbound activity, especially from a reporting point of view..hence the head scratching in any outbound symposium environment. There is slide ware that says that they will have a progressive dialler in their Rls 6 (probably expensive. There are Nortel compatible dailers already available that may be less expensive

Ed

Contact Center 6 does have an outbound caller module. I don't believe it is available on the first general release, I believe it becomes available in April, 2006.

First off, Symposium agent performance reporting is indeed horrible. It is true, on an outbound call DN talk time does not start pegging until a connection is made. If a connection is not made the time is still pegged. It is pegged under BusyMisc time. This data element does not show up in the standard Symposium agent report. You need to create an ODBC connection to the Symposium data tables in order to extract this data. The logged in time will never match up perfectly when adding the agent call states together, but you should get closer than 1 hr difference. We've spent months working on this.... Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back