Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Timeout while DSO is running?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingus

Programmer
May 8, 2001
US
I have a process that will take about 10 hours to run.
I know silly, but the bosses want it so. (At least isn't going against production).

I am reading in 10 files, and after an hour it just stops.
I can do less work in the first file and it does get to the 2nd, but either way after 1 hour it stops.

I have a page that kicks of a DSO and have put rather detailed messages in a log. I am positive at this point the code is fine, but it never goes beyound 1 hour.

I figure I must be hitting a limit/timeout of some kind.
But I can't find it.

thanks,

mingus

Well I'll answer my own question.

In the SMC there is a time out limit. I saw this, but simply didn't hit update (in the lower right corner, which is off the small screen we have, and no message is given if you leave the page without hitting the button -> nice design!)

Setting the update to a very high value got things to run overnight like I needed.

mingus

Hello,

10 hours to handle a request. pfff I think that the endusers don't like that. What about spawning a new worker thread to do the job. You can respond on the request right away. Build a status screen or something where the user can check the status of the worker thread. something like:

job x running since ....

Greetings,
Viper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back