Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Timeout Connecting to Client - 54 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pctekk

MIS
Sep 28, 2002
US
Anyone have an idea what/how i can check this error ??
the troubleshooting button, sux !
i dont have a mac or novell client...

what is the command/commands or test to ensure connectivity is ok for this error 54 ?

Thanx

Try this:

Ensure that Domain Name Service (DNS) has the forward and reverse lookup for the master server. To check this from a command prompt, use the <install_dir>\VERITAS\Netbackup\bin\bpclntcmd command.

On the client:
bpclntcmd -hn <master server name>
bpclntcmd -ip <ip address of the master>
bpclntcmd -pn

In all scenarios you are supposed to get back the name on master with corresponding ip address, make sure you get right interface back.

On the master server:
bpclntcmd -hn <client name>
bpclntcmd -ip <ip address of the client>

If the test above fails, place an entry for the client on the local hosts file and vice-versa. Placing the client's name in the hosts file will allow the client to resolve its own IP address and name without going to DNS. This file is located under C:\winnt\system32\drivers\etc

I also had to lengthen some tcpip wait timers. Make sure your duplexing is not auto-negotiate throughout the entire path.

what do you mean "entire path" ??

is there a setting in NBU for duplexing to change ?

thanx

The master, media, client and networking ports. The OSs handle all the duplex settings but I've seen them change up on me after upgrades or fixes.

read it, but i'm running windows not unix.

netstat -an 13782 shows as listening...so i know its open

thanx anyway..............................................................................................................

just because its listening doesn't mean it is open outside of the client.

wrong ip in the host files since it was running on a backend scheme(192.168.x.x)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back