Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time zone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehobbs

IS-IT--Management
Nov 21, 2002
US
Does an Option 61 have a time zone setting. Those of us in Indiana are moving to DST for the first time. I know I can just go in and set the time but I assumed that somewhere the system had a setting for time zone that would take care of that automatically. If there is a TZ setting will we be able to change the start and stop dates next year?

Thanks,

Ed

LD 2
TDST = Query if DLST is set
SDST = Change
FWTM = Set clock move date
BWTM = Set clock move back date

Can the PBX automatically change the time on these dates?

I have been told no, but find it hard to believe.

Thanks
Rob

Yes, it can. The post above gives the commands. NTP 553-3001-311 gives the details in the LD02 section.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO DO THAT ( automaticly) with OTM ??

Thanks acewarlock! Exactly what I needed.

Ed

otm...only the mindless... almost no one here uses otm. the switch has tracked daylight savings for over 10 years.. check the ld 2 commands, turn it on and never have to check it..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John....we're going to have to check/change it for next year. They're changing the start of daylight savings time to mid-March beginning in 2007.

Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem. --Vergil

President Bush signed into law the Energy Policy Act, which extends Daylight Saving Time (DST) by four weeks from the second Sunday of March to end on the first Sunday of November. Extended Daylight Saving Time will begin in March 2007.

Una salus victus nullam sperare salutem. --Vergil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back