Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time wrong on one phone 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

aroldan

Vendor
Jan 9, 2005
US
Has anyone seen the wrong time being displayed on one phone only? Have a Customer with a BCM200, 4.0 software with all I2002 phones. Only one phone is displaying the wrong time by half an hour. My Tech unplugged the phone and plugged it back in with no change...just curious...

I may be wrong here BUT
I think you can set individual time settings on ip phones to reflect a different time zone.
This is because you can plug the phone in anywhere on your company network if its set up this way.

Chect this on the actual phone settings

Supportdude - It's BCM not SRG
snowman50 - This is something I am unaware of. I will check further on this and post back

Unable to find the settings snowman50, but even if that was the case, the phone is off by 1/2 an hour which wouldn't make sense, but would YOU know where the settings are? I'm sure you mean they are within the individual phone's settings and not some setting in Element Manager...

Snowman50 is correct.
Here's how to do it.

Time offset
When your IP Phone 2002 is located in a different time zone from your system, the display shows
the system time, not the local time. The Time Offset feature enables you to adjust the time that
appears on the display.
Before you begin, calculate the time difference, in hours, between the server time and local time.
To change the time that appears on your telephone display to local time:
1 Press Feature *510.
2 Press CHANGE.
3 Press * to switch between adding or subtracting time.
4 Using the dialpad, enter the number of hours between local time and system time.
Note: Press # to enter half hour increments.
5 Press OK.
Note: It may take up to one minute for the change to appear on the display.

-SD-

Wow, would've never known about that feature, Thanx and great work Supportdude

SupportDude wrote:
1 Press Feature *510.

Am I the only one who does not know where the "Feature" key on an i2002 is ?

Thanks

It's the button on the left beneath the display...I'm sure you've figured it out by now

Thanks
BUT its teamwork
Just setting the ideas in motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back