Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time to say good bye ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gummibaer

Programmer
Jan 5, 2007
DE
For the time being, this is the last post - at least for a while.

I am gonig to persue other interests in another field of science - and will have nothing to do with programming any more.
Maybe some day in the nearer or farther future my focus will return to programming, but this remains to be seen. I will look into this forum from time to time, but as Fortran is moving onwards and my programming skills do not any more, I think there will be others better suited to help users with their issues.

So good bye to all of you, and thank you for your patience in enduring my sometimes strange English and weird spelling techniques.
For me, it has been a great pleasure to be with you.

But time moves on.

Norbert.

The optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this might be true.

Norbert:

Well...lucky you! I wish you the best in that new adventure. Enjoy new experiences and new knowledge in whatever that other field of science that does not seem to need programming [ponder]

Germán

HI Norbert,
I'm surprised to hear you're leaving us. I wish you all the best in your new job.

Bye bye Norbert,
I don't participate too much to that forum but I liked to read you.

François Jacq

Best of luck in your new venture. There is always Eng-Tips, the sister site of Tek-Tips, for sciency/engineering stuff.

XWB/CUP

best wishes !
i hope your new adventure works out for you.
oh, and thanks also for all the help you gave in THIS forum. it has been much appreciated.

Thanks for all your good wishes.

... and good luck to you all.

May the way from your pub to your home allways go downhill.
Norbert

The optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this might be true.

hmmm, sounds to me like a fortran question :-

Code:
PROGRAM PUB_SLOPE

REAL :: SLOPE_1
REAL :: SLOPE_2

SLOPE_1 = slope from pub 1 to home
SLOPE_2 = slope from pub 2 to home

IF ( SLOPE_1 < 0.0 ) THEN
   GOTO pub 1
ELSE IF ( SLOPE_2 < 0.0 ) THEN
   GOTO pub 2
ELSE
   FIND another pub
END IF

sorry :)

:-D

Hi Norbert

I also wish all the best in the future.

G.Pétursson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back