Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time Synchronisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolk

MIS
Oct 29, 2002
GB
Hi,

Has anyone used the time synchronisation function within asa? The reason I ask is that our call centre would like the time on the PC's to match that of the wallboard. If you anyone has any other suggestion/ideas please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

coolk

I use it and sync time during a time the call center is closed and a off hour.

Same here, we have a PC setup with ASA and schedule it to resynch our PBX's once a week. I'm hoping that once we get Visibility it will be a little easier.

I used it too. Only had one problem was when the PC it was linked to had the battery go on it. It had synched up in the morning to the atomic clock but by the time it ran the scheduled program after hours it was 20 minutes off.

can somebody tell me how to do this synchronisation ( and where to find it in asa ) cause i just got this question from one of our it guys .

i am running a si on multivantage 1.3 .

thnx in advance

sander

It's the Time Synchronization option under the Fault & Performance tab.

Susan
Under certain circumstances, profanity provides a relief denied even to prayer. - Mark Twain

Is there any way to have an Octel Aria 250 voicemail system sync up with the PBX using ASA? The PBX is a Multivantage, R11v1.3.

Remember that when you time sync or set time. It may clear all BCMS report stats that the switch collects.

That is why the sync should be done in off hours when the call centre is closed.

Netcon1

I'm running ASA 1.11 and when I time sych, I receive an error, but after sometime it finally sychs the time. I remember in earlier versions of ASA the process was much quicker. Have they fixed this in the newer version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back