Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time sync problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwados

Vendor
Oct 30, 2001
US
I have a small 2000 domain(1 DC and 4 WS) It has worked flawlessly for 2 plus years. Recently, I have experienced major time problems. Every few days nobody is able to log in because "the time on the machine and the server are not in sync" or so it says. Even when I try to log into the server, I get that message. Rebooting the server(sometimes multiple times) seems to resolve the problem. The time is right on all machines, so I'm pretty confused. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here' how I make all my machines the same time. On the worktations go to startup > right click, then choose open. File > new > shortcut and type "net time \\(net bios name of file server without parenthesis) /set /y". I download a free program called symmtime on cnet.com which updates every hour and sets the correct time. No sure if this is the answer you were looking for but I thought it might help.

Nothing in event log that is a givaway. Thanks, to the 2 posters that provided some input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back