Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time Slots on a IPE Shelf

Status
Not open for further replies.

mokeefe69

Technical User
Dec 6, 2009
US
I need to find out the number of time slots that each specific card uses only in the IPE shelves. Any idea of I can find this info?
Thanks.

A wise man mends nets not swords

There are 132 time slots in an IPE. 4 are used for signaling. So you have 128 for TDM resources. These are shared and not dedicated to a particular card slot.

depends on your config, does your IPE support 4, 2, 8 superloops?

4 - 512TNs 120 talkslots

2 - 256TNs 240 talkslots
256TNs 240 talkslots

8 - 1024 TNs 120 talkslots

you could have 2 Superloops across 3 segments 1 loop (120 TS) confined to 1 segment with another loop (120 TS) it is still 240 ts over possible 512 TNs but giving the 1 across 3 segments virtually non-blocking service.

Mato' Was'aka

I have never seen a superloop that could have 8 segments. There is 2 port and 4 port controllers. Never seen an 8 port controller.

There is only 4 connectors on the backplane, how could you have the superloop configured for 8 segments?

requires two IPE Modules, 1/2 SL on each. :)
who would want 1024 TNs and 120 TS...I have no idea

Mato' Was'aka

Interesting, one thing about this business is you never quit learning. I just did my first 7.5 upgrade. Let me tell you, that was a learning experience. Thanks bigindian for the explanation.

I hear ya, have 7.5 paid for and not installed for months. I dread it and Avaya support of the implimentation. I'm too old stay awake for 2 and 3 days between clock in and clock out any more.....

Mato' Was'aka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back