Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time Required to Load Patches? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

narsman

Technical User
Jun 16, 2010
US
I'm familiar with the process of loading the patches, but need to know roughly how long it will take on each individual component. I'm putting together a timeline and it would be helpful to know approximately how long the project will take.
The software is at 7.65 but need to load the latest patches/hotfixes for the elements.

The components in question are:
1. Signaling Server on HP DL360 platform
2. CPPM Processor
3. MC32 Card
4. Media Gateway Controller Card
5. Media Gateway Utility

I understand there are a lot of variables involved, DEPLISTs, previous patches loaded, etc...Like I said, just need some guesstimates.

Thanks in advance!!

Steve

I don't mind coming to work, but that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch.

Does anyone have input on this??

Steve

I don't mind coming to work, but that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch.

It largely depends on the application that you are updating and the size of the patches.

Generally speaking, the Call Server ones for e.g. the SSC, CPPM etc are quicker, but you may still have to reboot it afterwards.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I'm gonna give you a ball park based on past experience. If you are prepared, experienced and know all the procedures and don't have to call support for help then 4 to 6 hours. I'm assuming the CPPM is a standalone call server so you will just do a MDP Refresh and then more than likely sysload. The MGC Cards pull their loadware from the SS. Be prepared to flatten the MGC Cards so they will take the new loadware. The Signal Server will be done from the Linux command line, at least that is how I do it. If you are not confident in your abilities then have someone on stand by because you can get stuck in a hurry if you haven't done this before. The MC 32 also gets it's loadware from the SS. The MGU, I'm not sure, haven't upgraded that card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back