Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

time problem - files create date

Status
Not open for further replies.

pvmurphy

Programmer
Jul 29, 2003
US

Let me preface this post by saying I have very little experience with networks, but working for a very small company, the responsibility has been ‘dropped’ on my lap. I’ve tried my best here to document the problem, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have a SQL backup to disk that runs at 10:00 PM each night that will read from server A and write to server B (both W2000). When I look at the time the file was created from anywhere on the network EXCEPT the console for Server B, the time the file is created is 1:20 AM, while on the console for Server B, it is the correct time, 10:20 PM.

I’ve check the time on all the servers in our domain, and they all have the correct time.
We are in a mixed NT and 2000 environment, with a NT server as out DC.

I don’t know if this is related to the problem, but all of our 2000 servers have been coming up a W32Time warning, event 64. ‘Because of repeated network problems, the time service has not been able to find a domain controller to synchronize with for a long time. To reduce network traffic, the time service will wait 960 minutes before trying again’

I tried following the advise from this forum to synchronize the time, running “net time/setsntp:time.nist.gov”, then stopping and starting the w32time service. But I’m not even sure w32time is a service on NT?

Thanks in advance,

Jim

Just checked all my servers, Server B was set to the western time zone! That looks like the answer, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back