Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time parameter Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luther1978

Technical User
Nov 13, 2002
GB
I'm passing an SQL String into another Stored procedure, everything is working great until I add the date parameters. After much fiddling and lots of trawling the Internet I found the means to convert the date parameters and pass them onto the other Stored Procedure without error. The result was an empty view returned when I know there should be data for the dates entered.
I have tried both using the "WHERE BETWEEN" Method and the "<time column> =>FromTime AND <= ToTime" Method but both are returning nothing. However if I just use one criteria on the time "<time column> =>FromTime" then I get some data returned. Whats going on?

<code>
CREATE PROCEDURE WAMS_ClockCardByParameter @ContractID int, @DepotID int, @DateFrom SMALLDATETIME, @dateto SMALLDATETIME AS
DECLARE @SQL varchar(560)

SET @SQL = "SELECT CostCode, ResourceName, DepotID,StartDateTime FROM View_ClockCard
INNER JOIN View_ClockCardDays ON (View_ClockCard.AllocationID=View_ClockCardDays.AllocationID)
WHERE StartDateTime BETWEEN " + Convert(varchar(10),@DateFrom,120) + " AND "+ Convert(varchar(10),@DateTo,120) + " AND ContractID = "+ CONVERT(varchar(2), @ContractID)+ " AND DepotID = "+CONVERT(varchar(2), @DepotID)+ "
Group BY CostCode, ResourceName, ContractID, DepotID, StartDateTime"

EXEC WAMS_crosstab @SQL, 'SUM(Hours)', 'Day', 'View_ClockCardDays'
GO
<Code End>

Many Thanks

Martin

It would be easier to have the @DateFrom and @DateTo variables as varchar(10) to begin with. What values are you passing to the WAMS_ClockCardByParameter when you run it?

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

[noevil]
(Not quite so old any more.)

Is your SQL Server instance/database CASE SENSITIVE?

In the DECLARE you have @dateto
but in the script you have @DateTo.

With CASE SENSITIVE they are not the same thing.

-SQLBill

Posting advice: FAQ481-4875

Many Thanks guys, for your replies. SQLBill I hadn't noticed the change in case ono my variables, but this didn't solve the problem.

I have managed to solve the problem, by printing the SQL string out as it ran I eventually realised that I needede to include ' ' around the dates. Works a treat now.

Thank you both very much for your help

Martin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back