Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time out expired

Status
Not open for further replies.

gust1480

Programmer
Mar 19, 2002
PH
Hi! i have been experiencing a timeout expired in vmy vb program accessing my sql database. have been trying to figure out what causes it. CAn somebody please tell me how i can solve that problem?! thanks!

does this happen when you connect to the database, or does it happen when you run a certain sql string / stored procedure?

Tineout expired is a situation when a particular process is not completed in a particular time and throws this error.

I had faced this problem couple of times in my environment due to slow running queries. After reindexing certain columns, this problem is fixed.

--Kishore

Thanks gmmastros and kishy for the reply.
well gmmastros, I don't know where it exactly happens cause my program in vb is already compiled.

Don't tell me it's a 3rd party app for which you don't have the source code?
-Karl

[red] Cursors, triggers, user-defined functions and dynamic SQL are an axis of evil![/red]
[green]Life's uncertain...eat dessert first...www.deerfieldbakery.com[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back