Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time on IP Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

phvoice

MIS
Mar 24, 2004
US
I am working on a 8300 that has 4620s connected to it. Since Daylight Savings time the time on the phones will not update. The time on the 8300 is correct, and I checked out as many posts as I could on time, and everything looks correct in the system in regards to the time change.

I have had a user power cycle the phone thinking if the phone registers with the system again it will get the system time. Do the phones actually get the time off the DHCP server? Any other thoughts on what could be causing this?

The phones should be getting their time from the 8300. Have to tried changing the time on the 8300 by a couple hours to see if the phones reflect any change? That would be where I would start at just to give you some idea of the possible problem.

Thank you Nath4 - I think I read that post around the 4 and the 5th. I had checked the different things there, but don't think that I connected that if the site is set up in location it would run seperately then the system time.

System time was set up with Daylight 1 rule and location was at 0. I changed the Location rule to 1 as well and it corrected the time on the phones right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back