Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

time of day routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

eseibert

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2003
US
I'm trying to program business hours and after hours time of day routing. during 8-5p I want the callers to route to a specific extension. After 5 and before 8, I would like them to route to a different extension. I know I need to utilize Time Periods, Time Schedules, Partitions and Calling Search Spaces. Haveing a rough go of it. I can get it to work one way, but not both. Any insight would be really helpful. On CM 5.1. Thanks.

Build 2 PT's with the correct Time periods and schedules, one with 8-5 and the other with 5-8. Then build 2 CTI Port's. On one put the incoming extension number in the Day_PT and CFWD All with the appropriate CSS to where you want the callers to go during the day. On the other put the same Ext in the Closed_PT and CFWD All with the appropriate CSS to where you want the call to go after hours. Then assuming these are outside callers, in the Gateway CSS, add the 2 PT's. Put the Day_PT and the Closed_PT at the top of the of the CSS order. This way if it's 8-5 it the Closed_PT will be inactive but the Day_PT will be active and the call will go to the CTI port and follow the CFWD there. If it's 5-8, the Day_PT will be inactive and the Closed_PT will be active and the call will go to that CTI port and follow the CFWD there..

I was trying to use translation patterns, is that not the best solution? I'm very new to the cisco telephony and programming. when you say on the other, what do you mean? It will be the same incoming number for both.

You could probably use Translation Pattern, I just always use either CTI port or CTI Route points.
When I said 'on the other' I meant the other CTI port.
As for te same incoming number for both, that's what I said above, it's the same number in 2 different Partitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back