Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time of day routing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthorpe

Programmer
Feb 26, 2002
US
I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is a button I can program on a phone, or a feature access code that I can program to override time of day coverage? I'm new to the time-of-day stuff so I thought I'd ask. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Jack

What version of switch are you using? The newer version s have a code you can use to change your COR.

Thanks
Chris

An alternative is that if you wish to switch between time of day and not time of day use two coverage paths against the user then assign a feature access code (user must have COS - Console Permissions) to switch to which coverage path you wish to use.

You will need to use feature access code *12 to change coverage. When you look at the station set up (display station ****) you will see fields marked "coverage path 1" and "coverage path 2". You would usually assign the first coverage path as coverage path 1.

To override the coverage, from the phone in question dial *12 2. This will switch to "coverage path 2". If there is no coverage entered the calls will not forward. To turn coverage back on dial *12 1.

You could set the feature codes as abbreviated dialling and assign them to phone buttons if you want.

Finally ensure that the COR on the phone is set to allow changing coverage. Use command "display COR *" where * is the number, and look for the entry "can change coverage" if this is set to y, the user can use feature code *12. If it is set to no you will need to change the entry using the command "change COR *".

First do a "display feature-acces-codes" to see what the feature acces code is, for "change coverage".
This could be different for your switch. *12 could be set for something else!

If it is not set at all, do a "change feature-acces-codes" and fill in *12 for example.

Michel.

J, forget this FAC business.
Set-up a dummy agent login ID (eg 10000) with a dummy skill assigned (eg100). In the relevant vrt add a step b4 Time Of Day to bypass TOD steps if agent ID 10000 is logged in, as below:
If available agents in skill 100 >0 goto step ** unconditionally.
You can then bypass your TOD routing by simply logging in agent login ID 10000.
Enjoy..!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back