Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time of Day Ringing at a Hospital - Patient Phones 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2005
This is an Option 11 with 25.40 and Meridian Mail Rel 13.

They would like to install about 15 phones that can dial out , but cannot receive calls, either all the time or during certain times of day (night).

It is a Mental Health / Rehab Facility and these are patient phones, to be used similar to pay phones. They haven't decided whether to restrict incoming totally or just time of day...

They also haven't decided whether to use analog or digital phones.

ACD with NCFW is an option, but any other ideas?

What's the best way to go about this?

Thanks!

Rick Williams "Doctor Dialtone"

If you have 4 digit extensions in the hospital, you can simply build the phone(analog or digital) with a 5 digit DN, or a 4 digit that is not in your DID range, then they can never be called outside the hospital.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

are these did's... is so why.. you can do tod with mail to call those stations if you have enough ports.. station to station tod can be done with mail or a mica card but not in the switch that i know of.. tod outbound is simple.. acd/ncfw is not controlled by tod or the operator.. just when someone logs into that acd group, so i don't see that as an option..

cleanest is mica, i've used that at a hospital

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks, John.

Yes, they are 4 Digit DID's, (22XX,23XX,34XX) but they don't need to be.

We haven't installed them yet - they are just exploring options.

These phones are replacing Pay Phones that are being removed.

They have 12 ports of Meridian Mail 13.

I'll look into the Meridian Integrated Call Assistant .. Thanks for the tip(s)!

Rick Williams "Doctor Dialtone"

You can also build something with a Night IDC table. If the Attendant console is in night mode the incomming 15 numbers are translated to any number you like.

You can also use SGRP feature to restrict scheluded incoming calls:
Create a SAR table with appropriate time of days
Set the ICR prompt to YES
Apply the SRGP prompt to the SAR table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back