Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time of Day on Handset 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnutter1

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2009
US
Hi all,

I am managing two IP500 systems, both very similar in config. One system shows the Time of day on the sets next to the extension and the other just has empty space. Can someone tell me where to look to get the TOD to display?

The ones who have TOD are 54XX/16XX sets, the others are I think 56XX series.
If you wan't to have TOD on the others, create a button called "time of day" but you will lose the extension number in the display.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Also early 4 releases didn't show time of day by default but 4.2 etc does but only on the handsets Bas mentioned :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

amriddle, I think thats it, the one that shows TOD is 4.2 and the one that doesnt is 4.1.

Thanks.

Hey,

Just a stupid question. I am looking to upgrade the firmware then, I am downloading a file called USER4_2_26.exe, is this the correct download?

no thats phone manager softconsole and tapi.

Above where you downloaded that, there is a drop down, change it from 5.0 to 4.2 then download the ADMIN apps.

i think it's 4.2(20)

See what my brain does when it's not thinking about phones.

There is no option for admin apps, only this:

Jun-09 Cusomer Call Reporter 1.0 Installation Manual 15-601133
Aug-08 IP Office 4.2 Embedded Voicemail Installation 15-601067
Nov-08 IP Office 4.2 Installation Manual 15-601042
Nov-08 IP Office 4.2 IP Phone Installation 15-601046
Nov-08 IP Office 4.2 Manager 6.2 15-601011
Aug-08 IP Office 4.2 System Status Application 15-601758
Aug-08 IP Office Voicemail Pro 4.2

ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/SoftwarePub/4_2GA_Builds/ADMIN/ADMIN4_2_20.exe there you go :)

Damn you Tom :)

Thanks guys as always you are an awesome help. BTW. Are any of you a Avaya reseller? The reseller/partner we were working with no longer has relations with this particular client and we are going to need a resource to order phones and equipment from. I also have some phones that need to be RMA'd

Dependes where you are located, most of us are resellers or Disty's on here :)

I am in NJ, I provide managed network services for clients but I dont want to get into the telephone business. I am comfortable managing the pbx but I do not want to keep going to froogle.com for all my equipment needs.

And why not the 5.0.8 ?

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

is 5.0.8 the latest release? are there any vast improvements over 4.2

O yes there are
Read this tech bulletin:

ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/tsoweb/ip_office/Global_IP_Office_Technical_Bulletin_Number_109.pdf

And here is the software:

ftp://ftp.avaya.com/incoming/Up1cku9/SoftwarePub/5_0GA_Builds/ADMIN/ADMIN5_0_8.exe

ACS - Implement IP Office
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back