Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time of day on definity 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2003
I have a definity G3R and the time of day is right on the switch. But the phones display an hour ahead. For example the switch says 215pm and the phone display says 315pm.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Has this problem been since the last time change? If so the stations just need to be updated by pressing the tmdy in the menu.

No it wasn't since the last time change. It was recently upgraded to an s8700 actually. I did update the tmdy on the stations and still no luck.

In the system features check the parameter: system updates time on display.

Plan your work............Work your plan

[afro]

Also have that flaged as yes as well, still no luck.. Thanks

Any other suggestions will be appreciated....HELP PLEASE>

Try display locations. there is a time offset and daylight savings.

Ok - I know this sound incredibly obvious, but have you tried just unplugging the cable from the back of the phone and pluggin it back in - this should reset it to the proper time - if the time is not being updated.

Tried all 4 things so far.. Still no luck......

Still looking for any other HELP if possible!!

Thanks again! getting a lot of heat here>>...

Problem is

On 8700 servers the time is handled by the LINUX and this looks after daylight savings

when you upgraded was the daylight savings removed from the definity programming???

should be

Day of the Week: Friday Month: September
Day of the Month: 19 Year: 2003

TIME

Hour: 12 Minute: 49 Second: 28 Type: Standard

Daylight Savings Rule: 0

if you have a rule here you time will be an hour out on the phones.... the CM or ACP will need to be stopped for the change if you know how

You were exactly right!! Thank you very much is was set for daylight savings rule 1 not 0.

Have a great weekend!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back