Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time Of Day - Menu Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinopunk

IS-IT--Management
May 12, 2004
US
In Meridian Mail, I have set up a voice services option menu, it works great right now. I'm being asked to see if it is possible to have one of the options do a time of day transefer. Each menu option just does a CL, this one particular CL needs to be an external phone number to the east coast (I'm on the west) for the hours of 5:00 AM - 8:00 AM PST.

All of the other CL's in the menu need to stay the same.

What is the best way to go about doing this???

TIA

tod in the mail will handle that, just build a tod schedule, and point the incomeing service to it. the tod does the route choice for you. if i have 3000 going to a menu service i would build a tod 30001 and point 3000 to that, the out put of that would go to either the menu service 3000 or the xxxx service xxxx..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Great, thank you ... I'll give it a shot..

dinopunk, you will need to setup a time of day controller. There are three options, regular hours, after hours and holidays. The access dn points to the time of day controller and the menu IDs are listed to activate at specific times. You will need to setup separate menus for each one. We have our helpdesk line setup so that different messages and options are available at specific times, also holidays are setup in MM as well. It may sound complicated but it's fairly simple once you start playing with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back