Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time of day and user\extentions 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikayyali

MIS
Apr 3, 2005
is it possible to display user name, extension, and time of day at the same time on a 4412D+ telephones using IP412 3.0? where would you control what gets displayed on the phone's LCD?

Thank you for all the help

Don't think so, those phones have one line displays. You can activate Time of Day from the menu on those sets but I have never seen them both on the screen at once. The 5400 series phones should cure that problem.

Attach a small clock to the side of the phone with double sided tape. They come in white and black

Its the "uncertainty principal" - expecting an Avaya phone to know what the date is and what its extension number is, is an "either or" situation - Just to much for the poor things.

Its wasn't until they took my 2030 away that I realised its most useful function was as a clock - sad really.

Does anyone know what time it is?

Does anyone really care?

If they have a computer... it most likely has a clock on the desktop. Problem solved.

I care when it's 5:00pm!

Just like the definity put the name and number on the label of your 6408 and time of day in the display.
You got the room in the label for it.

Greets Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back