Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IPO 500V2 2024 Daylight Saving Time settings not working 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

linklight

Technical User
Mar 6, 2007
CA
Hello, on all our IPO 500V2 boxes with 11.1.2.0.0 build 239 the system time is one hour behind this morning.
Looking into it we found that the Auto DST dates only go to 2023, there are no 2024 and on calendar dates listed!
SNTP settings all look good, synching is happening just fine.

Looking like we will have to manually build calendars for 2024 and forward on all 160+ boxes!!!
Hoping for a patch.....

Anyone else seeing this?

I'm confused about what the correct way is to have the IPO set up for DST.

We updated our aging IP500V2 system to R11 late last year and the person who assisted us with the upgrade told us that if we have the IPO set to NTP that DST does not need to be enabled in the IPO, it will be handled automatically.

With the time change last week the clock was one hour behind (only found out about this today) and it's unclear to me what needs to be done to resolve it.

I tried checking the check box for "set DST" with a schedule, and a 2024 schedule was present, so I chose it, but the clock did not update.

So next I changed the time zone to one hour ahead of me and that fixed the time.

How is this supposed to work? Do you need to set the DST on a schedule even if the clock is being synced with NTP? If you use the DST schedule will the clock not change if you set it at a later time than the change was set to occur?

This is all quite confusing....

CAREFUL! I downloaded the Avaya PLDS TimeZoneInfo.7z file and it shows it has Malware...

Screenshot_2024-03-18_114744_d1ketr.jpg

Saw this to late and my virusscanner did not alert me (Malwarebytes premium)
But it is missing the west coast time zone.

Avaya took a week to get this done and still screwed it up it seems.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back