Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time not changed from daylight savings!

Status
Not open for further replies.

matty1404

MIS
Feb 12, 2007
US
The time did not change on our pc's for some reason the only ones that changed was our administrative group. Now I have a bunch of people that need to be changed because they dont have the privleges to do it. Is there a way to change the time through group policy or something. I tried net time but the privliges wouldnt allow it. Any suggestions will help. Thanks

Did you update you DC with the server 2030 patch. Clients also need a patch. Maybe they did not have the perms to install them?

We updated the server on saturday. Everyone should have the permissions to do the updates. Is this one different?

What OS are the clients?

I'm Certifiable, not cert-ified.
It just means my answers are from experience, not a book.

I had similar problems too. Some workstations were good, some were not. ALL workstations are set to update everyday @ 3am. Does someone want to explain why having atomtime on my DC/DHCP server and including the DC's IP in the DHCP scope is not sufficient enough to make this small change seemless? I'm scratching my head because in my mind, theoretically, I've done what should be necessary, right?

;)

I'd rather be playing WoW.

LFM Mechanar

If the XP boxes dont have KB931836 installed, their locks will be off. This update came out mid-February. Do you have automatic updates disabled? Are you using WSUS?

I use a WSUS but I dont have it deployed for everyone. I have a policy set to install updates automatically but it doesn seem to work. I still am running into peoples computers that need to be update.

You've got have the time zone information updated.
This is done through the patch. Or you can manually run DST2007Update_Win2k.cmd that can be found on the "interweb".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back