Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

time issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

gergje

Technical User
Jul 4, 2006
NL
i have a s8500 which every two weeks jumps four minutes forward with time

i already changed it a couple times before office hours, but still it keeps on going forward

i found out about the servers having a local clock drift, much as a windows pc running ahead of time

then i suggested an ntp server

the ntp server is set up on the same machine as the ftp server, using the same ip address

i changed this in configuration on the web interface, but didnt help

i changed the time first to represent the most accurate time on the atom clock, then i set it back again to ntp

still it doesn't work..

it's one s8500 server with no backup server

also i run a backup on this server, scheduled at 19.30 in the evening, and EVERY time it automatically runs at 01.30 at night

i removed the scheduled one, made a new one.. i have no clue how this consistently moves a couple hours ahead of planned time

suggestions?

I also have this problem with my S8500 and i want to try configuring a NTS but wasn't sure how. I have seen that in the web interface there is a 'configure server' option but i wasnt sure that if i ran through the setup if i would need all the config details(which i dont have) or i could just click 'next' until i get to the 'configure NTS' page, leaving all other settings as they are. Can you let me know if i can just update the NTS page?

yeah you can go to configure server

then just fill in the plain ip-address for the ntp server

extra options aren't necessary

make sure it isn't a w32time server this doesn't work
it has to be ntpd

still in my case it doesnt work :) that sucks

thanks for the help, sorry i cant help with your query, i'm new to this telecoms stuff. only thing i can suggest about the backups (and this is a complete stab in the dark) is it may be a cron job. good luck [thumbsup2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back