Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time in queue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwddozier

ISP
Mar 23, 2002
US
We are currently using the Voice Mail Pro $POS system variable to send a page alert when more than 2 callers are in the queue. Is there a variable to test for 'time in queue'? We'd like to automically send a page alert when the queue time exceeds a certian time of say 5 minutes. Maybe there is another way to do this? Thanks for any input. -RWD

I don't know of a time in queue value, however I have used the $ETA variable in a condition to present different actions to queued callers when their ETA exceded 5 minutes.

Create a condition that uses the compare action to be against $ETA. and a Test Condition action in the callflow.

That might work - I'll give it a try. From the docs, $ETA is as follows:

The ETA is calculated based on the queued time of the last 5 queued and answered calls. The ETA is always rounded up to the nearest minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back