Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Time half hour off on Call Pilot 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2008
US
Does anyone know of an outstanding problem on Call Pilot 4.0 on a 201i card where the voice mail says it is a half hour later than it really is. I was not here for the original install and I can't recall if there is or not. Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.

Check your TIME ZONE in the SERVER

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

If it's on, turn off the setting to automatically adjust time and date due to daylight savings. Also, in the server, open Services and go down to Windows Time Service. Make sure it is "stopped" and set to either "manual" or "disable". The CallPilot gets its time from the PBX over the ELAN and the Windows Time Service will interfere with that process. If your PBX is a half hour off then the CallPilot has no problem. Otherwise, verify all the latest PEPS are on the CallPilot server.

War Eagle!!

The server time is synched with the PBX, Internet time update was already turned off. Windows Time Service is now disabled. Is there a re-boot required for changes to take effect? I know voice and Meridian Mail, but Call Pilot is a totally different beast.

No, a reboot shouldn't be required. I'm a bit confused however. You say the CallPilot and PBX time are synched. So is the PBX time off as well or is the problem that the time stamp on messages doesn't reflect the correct time?

War Eagle!!

Time stamp on messages is ahead by 30 minutes. Time zone should be set for East Coast GMT -5:00 hours. Have working now on work around set server time zone to Caracus GMT -3:30 hours. I just installed new drive for this reason and performed a restore over the weekend. It works but is not corrected yet.

Here is a proposed solution from Knowledge Base:

Problem Description
The delivery time of message in play envelope does not match with the PBX time or CallPilot time. The time is off by one hour in the play envelope of users' messages.
The PBX time and CallPilot Server time do match.

Problem Resolution
Re-run configuration wizard and change the time zone to "any time". Reboot and then run the Configuration Wizard one more time and change it to the correct time Zone and reboot. Verify that the changes to the time zone in the messaging network configuration for the prime site took effect.

War Eagle!!

After being able to download updates from Microsoft, I was able to set time zone correctly. Time stamp now matches the PBX and CP server time.
Thanks

Is the Daylight Savings box supposed to be unchecked on Callpilot 5.0 server 1002? I keep seeing event codes in my event log.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 10:28:16 AM 41657 Informational Message Information Time Server [0] Frequency time adjustment has been started.

I see these daily. I currently have DST box checked in the Callpilot server.

It is supposed to be unchecked. BUT...

I have an issue currently with a 1005r server on Release 5. This CallPilot was installed at the end of 2007. It made it through both time changes of 2008 with no problems. We updated the PEPs on Nov 11, 2008 and all was good. However, the time change last week made the messages time stamp be an hour off. I checked the daylight savings box and manually corrected the time and that fixed the time stamp problem. The next day I received a report that the time of day controls in application builder were an hour off. I unchecked the daylight savings box and that fixed the AppBuilder problem but made the time stamp be an hour off again. So for now my daylight savings box is checked and I have backed up the time in the TOD Controls of AppBuilder 1 hour as a work around.

My next step will be to run config wizard and reboot when I have a maintenance window. If anyone else has any thoughts on this subject, I'm all ears.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

I like what you are doing there, when I had a 5.0 SS dst issue, was told to pick a diff time zone......yeah, hate bandaids, but they do work sometimes.

Mato' Was'aka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back